Friday 26 June 2009

78 days to go....

If seems a lifetime ago that I started the countdown timer on my website. I remember it started at about 475 days.

Well as you can see, nearly 400 days of having itchy feet have passed since that point. Sure I have kept myself busy with running a marathon, a climbing trip to Northern Peru, walking the entire length of the Thames and of course my training towards the race, but I just cannot WAIT to get going now!

Currently reading a book by an ultra marathon runner called Dean Karnazes that is absolutely incredible. Some of his feats are beyond comprehension (running 350, yes thats right 350 miles NON-STOP) and it has really inspired me! I did my first run again in about 3 months this morning and I plan on keeping that up right up until race start now to get myself as fit as possible.

No news on the boat sponsor yet unfortunately, hoping to bring you some news on that soon and still hoping it will be Liverpool.

Off on my PART C training next wednesday night - really looking forward to sailing with my crew for the first time and heading out into the Atlantic...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just use the ANONYMOUS PROFILE if you are having a problems with other ones.